Mite Management Class - August 25th
SKU: 489MC - Mite Management Class
August 25, 2018 at our NC & OR Locations Only
10:00AM - 2:30PM
One of the most important things you can do to improve your colony’s winter survival is to manage its mite load. This class equips you with the latest proven techniques in mite management. It will include classroom work followed by hands-on demonstrations in our bee yard. Weather permitting, the demonstrations will be with live colonies, so come prepared.
Classroom work: (approx. 2 hours)
1. Basics of varroa mites, mite breeding cycles, and seasonal cycles
2. Diseases associated with varroa mites
3. The power of Integrated Pest Management
4. Specific management approaches to control the impact of varroa mites on your hive
Hands-on demonstrations: (approx. 2 hours, depending on weather)
1. Work in the apiary, demonstrating the methods discussed in the classroom:
- Quantitative sampling methods
- Qualitative observation techniques
- Treatment methods
If order includes a shipping charge, shipping will be adjusted to remove the shipping charges given for this class since it is an event.