Drivert Sugar - 5 lbs.
Driver Sugar is the ideal feed for winter! Feed Drivert sugar after it is too cold for liquid syrup feeding or to help build honey stores. The sugar may keep your bees alive over winter if they run out of food stores and also works to absorb excess hive moisture. Drivert is an inverted sugar made of 100% pure cane sugar and includes no Beet sugar. Some of the benefits of feeding with it are:
- No feeder or syrup mix needed. Can be sprinkles on top of frames, inner cover (with an Imirie Shim 8 Frame or 10 Frame), or around center hole of a Vivaldi Board (8 Frame or 10 Frame).
- As an inverted sugar, it’s easier for honey bees to digest.
- Helps absorb any excess moisture in the hive.
- Can help keep bees nourished and keep them from depleting their winter food stores too soon.
- You can also make a fondant of it by adding a small amount of water, or you can make a regular liquid feed with hot water from the kettle.